Los Angeles Beat Sheet Novel-Writing Workshop - September 13-14, 2014
Learn how the Save the Cat! screenwriting Beat Sheet can be applied successfully to fiction. Join Jessica Brody, who has sold 10 novels using the Beat Sheet, in this intensive workshop.
Over the course of a weekend, you will:
- Learn the difference between a pitch and a logline, and why you must nail each one before approaching agents or publishers with your novel.
- Lock down your logline to give your story a straight spine.
- Learn the 15 key beats found in any story to make yours resonate with what is “primal.”
- Crack the “Magical Midpoint” — the secret of every story’s power.
- Find out why the Opening Image and the Final Image are your way to “doublecheck the math” of a hero’s transformation.
- Practice your pitch and improve your technique in front of a friendly group of fellow writers eager to help you succeed.
- Network with other writers.
The Workshop Schedule
- Find your story according to Blake’s four elements of every successful logline.
- Crack your story and your hero’s transformation with the Opening Image, Midpoint, and Final Image.
- "Beat out" the remaining beats of your story using the Blake Snyder Beat Sheet (the BS2)
- Pitch your story to the class using the 15 key beats every successful novel must have.
Please note: When you make this purchase, you accept the following terms and conditions:
- Should you choose to cancel, a full refund will be given if a written cancellation notice sent by the registrant is received by Blake Snyder Enterprises, LLC 10 days or more prior to the event.
- Registrants cancelling less than 10 days prior to the event will not receive a refund, but they will receive a $100 credit for a future Blake Snyder Enterprises, LLC workshop or seminar.
- Blake Snyder Enterprises, LLC reserves the right to cancel an event at any time for unforeseen circumstances or emergencies, and will give as much advance notice as possible. Should that occur, Blake Snyder Enterprises, LLC will send the registrant a full refund. If Blake Snyder Enterprises, LLC does cancel, it will not be liable for trip cancellation expenses, such as travel or hotel arrangements.
If you have any questions, please contact Rich Kaplan at email@example.com. If you write with a partner, email Rich for a special price.